Science Hill High School hosted “What You Need to Know: Panel Discussion with Community Experts on Substance Use and Abuse for School-Aged Children” on Tuesday, May 3.
The panel of experts discussed substance abuse among the youth from the perspective of their professional fields. They highlighted the multi-dimensionality of the substance abuse issue and facilitated critical thinking by both the panelist and the audience. Science Hill Principal Josh Carter moderated the event.
The panelists included:
• Seth Brown, M.D. – Ped Medical Director for Ballad Health Niswonger
• Dr. Priyam Chaudhary, as Pediatric Critical Care Physician at Niswonger/Ballad
• Sgt. Lori Goff – Johnson City Police Department
• Katie McClellan- Insight Alliance
• Dr. Greg Wallace – Johnson City Schools Supervisor of Safety and Mental Health